Marble Lip Art Tutorial
BEAUTY TIPS | 9 June 2017
There’s a new lip trend out there and it’s the subject of some seriously gorgeous pictures on Instagram. Forget the new marble kitchen counter you’ve been longing for, it’s marble-coated lips that are topping the most wanted list.
This stunning marble lip art perfected by instagrammers like @beautybypaisley may look extremely complicated but creating a marbleised pout is actually quite easy (but it does take a bit of practice!). Read on, to find out how:
- If you’re a beginner, best keep in simple to start with. We suggest a classic marble effect – electric colours and metallic finishing touches can come later.
- Create your base with a smoothing and nourishing coat of Lypsyl lip balm – any fragrance you fancy.
- Gently blot, then apply a matte white lip colour like Lipstick Queen Ice Queen.
- Once your icy white base colour is set, grab a piece of cling film and crumple it up in the palm of your hand, so it’s nice and crinkled.
- Tip some dark pigment powder (MAC do a great range of colours) into the cling film, so it gathers in the tiny creases. You won’t need much.
- Gently press the film onto your lips to create the marble effect.
- Finally, if you need to add dimension to any of your marbled lines, apply Lypsyl to your little finger and gently dab onto a few to flatten or mute them. Add a subtle dab of glitter if you’re feeling sparkly.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not represent those of the Alliance Pharma Plc group. The site may, from time to time, contain links to third party websites. These links are provided solely for your convenience and are not an endorsement, guarantee or recommendation by the Alliance Pharma Plc group for the services or content of such third party websites.Lypsyl Beauty